Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A role of a parent



A role of a parent is to teach our children to love God, and  to love who they are.


Deuteronomy 4:10
Remember the day you stood before the LORD your God at Horeb, when he said to me, “Assemble the people before me to hear my words so that they may learn to revere me as long as they live in the land and may teach them to their children.”
Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.


How did the parent of Miss Universe Lopez  felt when they heard their daughter answered:


Leila Lopez of Angola crowned Miss Universe. She was questioned about what physical trait she would change if she could.
She said,
"Thank God I'm very satisfied with the way God created me and I wouldn't change a thing," Lopes said. "I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty. I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family and I intend to follow these for the rest of my life."


Living in 21st century life style, and watching the media.....we must not fail to teach our children His word. That will be the only thing they can stand on in this world, no matter what how much our children succeed in many area of their lives.
Make a commitment to spend 5 , 10, 30 minutes reading the word with your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment