Thursday, December 6, 2012

Panna Cotta Recipe


 
Panna Cotta is Italian dessert. Made from Milk, Sugar and gelatin. Very simple and delicious.
 
Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups milk
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 envelopes gelatin, unflavored

For the topping:


1 package frozen strawberries, thawed
3/4 cup of sugar


Instructions:

In a saucepan add the 2 cups of milk, the heavy cream and the sugar. Bring to a heat and simmer.

In the remaining 1/2 cup of milk add the gelatin and stir. Remove the liquid mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla and the milk with the softened gelatin. Strain milk mixture. Pour into 6 dessert cups and chill for at least two to three hours. I only had three guest including me and I devided it in four cups(not dessert cups).

 



To make the topping
I used just fresh fruits to avoid sugar. But, you can use strawberries or black berries of your choice and sugar in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Strain the seeds using a sift and pour the mixture in a pan, over medium heat. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.


 
 


To serve the panna cotta, run a knife around the edge of each dessert cup, unmold on a plate. Drizzle with a topping and enjoy with your friends and family.

I would love for you to leave a comment and join my blog. I hope you have a great week!



5 comments:

  1. My husband would enjoy this dessert - he loves anything with cream :) I hope you are doing well and have a lovely weekend, my friend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopped over from PinME - pinned ! It looks delicious and right up my alley of desserts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had this, but it sounds DELISH! Thanks for linking up to my Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful and loved(!) desserts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by and your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete