I love fruit compote, I always have, but having picky eater kids, I don't make it often as i would like. I decided to make it this week and share with friends. I was asked to share both recipe. So here it is. I will email everyone after i post it.
- 2 cups fresh Strawberry
- 2 cups fresh Blackberry
- 2 cups fresh Blueberry
- 1 can Pear
- 1 can Peach
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or 2 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon allspice berries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
In a medium Saucepan, combine fruit, pear and peach syrup and spice. Cook for about 45 minutes in medium heat on stove. You can also bake it in the oven if you like, 350 degree for 45 minutes.
You can add any fruit you like. If I don't have fresh, I use dry fruit as well.
Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe:
- 1 large French Bread sliced
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups of whipping cream.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup milk
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small microwave bowl, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. I used tablespoon milk mix with chocolate.
- In a Small sauce pan heat milk and cream, bring it to boil and set it to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, egg, vanilla and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread butter on the bread and bake it until brown on both sides. Once it is cool, pour the mixture over the bread. Press down with heavy bowl to help it soak as a picture below.
- Let stand for 45minutes. Remove the heavy bowl you used to press down.
- Bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours, until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
You can top it with ice cream, but I think it looked good and tasted delicious with the fruit compote.
Happy Eating! What kind of Fruit compote recipe do you have? I love to hear your comment.