Saturday, March 30, 2013

He is Risen!



Pin It
I want to thank my Savior for my life. He took my my place on the cross.

In Barabbas we find ourselves. Chained to the misery of human despair, we are enemies of God. Romans 5:8 and without hope (Ephesians 2:12 ). The criminal Barabbas was released from prison because of the death of Jesus. The Son of God took the place of Barabbas. Our insurrection is in the rebellion against those things of God and we are by “nature children of wrath”  Ephesians 2:1-4. We are imprisoned in sin with no hope of release or pardon. Ephesians 2:8,9. In Christ we find “redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins” Ephesians 1:7. How is our freedom granted? By His sacrifice on the cross. He took our place! Jesus died for me! It is not because I deserved my freedom – no more than Barabbas deserved to be set free. His guilt was pardoned because of Jesus. My guilt is pardoned because of Jesus John 3:16.

God did not reveal what happened to Barabbas. He may have gone back to murder and robbing. He may have become a better man. The story of Barabbas is not about the man Barabbas but how Jesus took his place of condemnation. “There is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus” Romans 8:1. Christ became the curse for every man (Galatians 3:13 ).
The innocent blood of the Lamb of God was poured out for us. Jesus died for you and me.
What will you do? What would you lose if you ask Him to reveal to you or read the bible and find out how much you are loved?

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for a risen and living Savior! I am SO thankful Christ took my place on the cross so that I might have salvation :) Beautiful post, my friend! Have a blessed Easter!

    Love and hugs,
    Stephanie
    P.S.-I love the new look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy and belated Easter. Sorry it's late but we still need to be greatful for Him everyday right? :)

    ReplyDelete