Monday, May 13, 2013

Balsamic & Chocolate Roasted Beet Salad

 
Pin It
 

 
Pin It
 
 
 
Pin It
 
When I eat food that is bright and great for me, I feel good preparing it. Beet is one of my favorite . Beets are delightful for their color and flavor as well as for their beet nutrition. Their juice is wonderful mixed with carrot juice.
Most people have experienced canned or pickled beets, I love fresh beets. 
Beets are high in folic acid (great for pregnant women), potassium, calcium and antioxidants

Ingredients

2 Pound Red Beets
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
½ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
¼ Cup Sugar
¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ Teaspoon Salt
Instruction:
 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Clean and cut beets into wedges.
Remember, you can also use your stove top. Just make sure you mix them around.
    Place the beets in a small baking dish, cover with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, mixing them so that all slices are coated.

   Cover the dish with tinfoil and bake the beets for about 45 minutes, or until a knife can easily pierce the largest piece.

Using a sauce pan, combine 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup of both sugar and cocoa, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Warm it over a medium heat until the mixture combines and thickens.

Remove the beets from the oven, letting cool slightly. Then toss them with the glaze.

Happy Eat!
 

10 comments:

  1. This sounds very interesting :) I might have to try it, Sara. Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipes.

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This sounds wonderful and now I might have to make some room in my garden for beets! We haven't grown beets in a couple of years and now I am craving them.

    Thanks for sharing on our Healthy Tuesdays Blog hop!

    Kerry from Country Living On A Hill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to save this recipe Balsamic Beats sound awesome..Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been a big beet lover, but it's got to be good if you add chocolate and balsamic. Thank you for sharing this on Fluster's Creative Muster Party!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE beets, but with chocolate?! I'm in heaven! Have to try these! Visiting you from Life on Lakeshore Drive hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To tell you the truth, I've never really had beets .... but the idea of chocolate sounds great to me :) Thank you so much for sharing at last week's All my Bloggy Friends :) I can't wait to see what you share this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks very interesting! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love beets and this looks amazing! I wish my husband liked them too. :(
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you! If it's colorful I'd enjoy making it too :). Thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Favorite Posts SHOW OFF Weekend Blog Party!

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would never thought to put chocolate and beets together! :) As one of the co-hosts from the My Favorite Posts Weekend SHOW OFF Party! I wanted to personally thank you for linking up with us & to invite you to a link party on my food blog, Anyonita Nibbles where you can link up recipes or food related posts. This week’s party is here: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/tasty-tuesdays-12.html

    ReplyDelete