Friday, September 6, 2013

Whole Wheat Bread



Pin It
 
 
Pin It
Ingredients:

3 1/2 whole wheat all purpose flour

3 eggs, plus one more for egg wash

1/4 cup of sugar

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoon dray yeast

1 1/2 cup of water

Instruction:

Mix dry yeast and 1/2 cup warm water and 1/2 cup flour. Cover and let it bubble for 15 minutes. Mix all ingredients together and knead with hand for about 10 minutes. Add more flower if it is too sticky in your hand. 

Make the dough into a ball and place it in a large bowl again.  
 Let the dough rise until the dough double its size. Once it double it's size, press the dough with your hand and let the dough rise again for the second time to double it’s size. This time it will take less time to rise.
  Divide the dough into three and braid the dough, Cover the dough and let it rise again. Approx. 30 min after braiding the bread, start and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Egg wash the dough and ready for baking. As you can see on the picture above, one of the bread doesn't have sesame seed, so feel free to add if you would like.
  Bake for 15 minutes, then cover it with foil and bake for another 15 minutes.

This recipe makes two bread. Remember the recipe above is doubled. For me, making one bread or four is the same work. You will be saving energy and you don't have to clean up twice.
The picture came out too bright, I didn't like that, oh well.

I love reading your comment and thank you for stopping by!




 

 

6 comments:

  1. Hi sweet friend! Your recipes always make my mouth water :) I pray you are doing well! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look beautiful!!!! They sound absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara. Your Whole Wheat Bread looks so pretty & delicious! Thanks so much for linking it up to my Sweet Wednesday Link Party, I appreciate you!

    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara. Thank you for linking up this yummy Whole Wheat Bread recipe at my link party, I appreciate you!

    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good. My loafs always look a touch rustic, I will have to try braiding it next time.
    With Love,
    Scary

    ReplyDelete